My oldest daughter and I tackled the infamous Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes for the birthday of her small group leader at church.
Let me just get this out of the way and say that these things are AMAZING! The icing alone almost made me weep. Yep, that good.
Where did I get my idea for these cupcakes? Or better yet, where have I gotten all my latest recipe post ideas from?.....The Duggar Family Website.
I can't help it. I am obsessed with their food choices. Oh, heck....I am a little obsessed with them in general.
Which is completely normal. Right?
My neighbor is so laughing at me right now. Hi Neetz!!
Anywho........let's get to these little slices of heaven in a liner.
|Did you just fall in love, like I did? It's okay, it happens to the best of us.|
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH CUPCAKES
Cookie Dough Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
Icing Recipe (from Tidy Mom)
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3½ cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. milk
- 2½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and sea salt; set aside. Beat the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth. Add 1 egg and the vanilla extract and beat until smooth. Mix in the flour mixture until just incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips; mixing just enough to evenly combine. Form the dough into tablespoon-sized balls; place onto a baking sheet, and freeze until solid, about 2 hours.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Beat 3 eggs in a large bowl with an electric mixer to break up. Add the cake mix, water, and canola oil; continue beating for 2 minutes on medium speed. Spoon into the prepared cupcake liners, filling each 2/3 full. Place a frozen cookie dough ball on the top center of each cupcake.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the cake portion of the cupcake (not the cookie dough ball) comes clean, about 20 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack. Yields 24 cupcakes. (www.allrecipes.com) or (Duggar Recipes)
- Ice when cool. Garnish with mini chocolate chips and mini Chips Ahoy Cookies.